Algebra is more than just a high school course sequence. Certain habits of mind lead to algebraic proficiency across the grades, and Computer Algebra Systems can help develop these habits. Among other things, this presentation looks at field-tested approaches to using Computer Algebra Systems to:
- Solve algebraic equations
- Factor and expand polynomials
- Look for patterns
- Understand functional language
- Make sense of iterative definitions of functions
- Design and perform experiments with algebraic objects.
These approaches are being implemented in CME Project.